Stolen from Robin….My favorite escape….
1. Do you remember how you developed a love of reading?
I started to love stories before I could read.Â We had the classic fairy tales on albums and I would beg my mother to play them. I fell in love with reading very young.Â The Witch of Blackbird Pond is the first book I really remember loving but I just always read.Â When I was in elementary school my best friend had an apple tree in her front yard and her dad read science fiction periodicals.Â We would grab a handful and find a good limb and pass them back and forth while we read and snacked on apples.
2. What are some books you loved as a child?
I remember when the library started in our town and every time they got a new Nancy Drew book in the librarian would call and tell me.Â I also read all the Clara Barton Nurse books.
3. What is your favorite genre?
Fiction – crime, mystery, and some science fiction
4. Do you have a favorite novel?
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
5. Where do you usually read?
6. When do you usually read?
I read every night to go to sleep.Â I have been doing it so long that if I try to read during the day I will find it hard to stay awake!Â I read online all the time.
7. Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
8. Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
I usually read a little bible, a little non-fiction, then pick up the novel to fall asleep.Â I also read non-fiction on a kind of as-needed basis and I read non-fiction a lot online.
9. Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library?
I buy a lot of paperbacks used and non-fiction used from Amazon.
10. Do you keep most of the books you buy?
I keep a lot of the non-fiction and some of the fiction favorites.Â I trade paperbacks or give them away.
11. What are you reading now?
Now You See Him by Stella Cameron – murder mystery/romance heroine has sad background, stalked by killer, strong guy woos and protects, lightweight but it takes place in Louisiana on the Bayou Teche with a hurricane coming in any moment.Â We have family in the area so it adds a little.
12. Do you keep a To Be Read list?
I have a wishlist of Amazon and a To Be Read PILE next to the bed
13. Whatâ€™s next?
A Voice in the wind by Francine Rivers
14. What books would you like to reread?
1984, Jane Eyre, Harry Potter, Once and Future King
16. Who are your favorite authors?
Too many to list, J.D Robb, James Patterson, John J. Nance
Denise – I’m tagging you!