Scribblesoup for Writers Block has an intriguing prompt this week – your life as a computer program.
#57: Life, programs….viruses
If your life was a computer program what would it be? Are there upgrades, viruses…?
My life as a computer program
- I would probably be one of those time wasting games that is fun but not particularly useful.
- I would be a beta version (forever)
- There are no cheatsheets – you just have to learn as you go
- There will be spam and lots of it
- There is a virus and it periodically slows everything down – it can be partially cleaned but never completely removed (guess I’m a PC LOL)
- There are hotkeys that set off certain sequences of events (see number 3) and forget the undo button – it’s disabled
- It WILL occasionally freeze up and nothing will work except to reboot (hope you saved – now I know I’m a PC)
- Some parts of the program are poorly designed and while they serve a purpose, they could have been written much better.
- There are “easter eggs” but you have to really hunt for them (if you don’t know what an easter egg is go here)
- There is a manual but you will have to study it your whole life and you still won’t “see” until you die.
- I will interact with other “programs” but not always well and often with unexpected results.
- I won’t always do what I’m supposed to do, but sometimes I will do even more and better!
- Sometimes you will click all the right buttons and I still won’t do anything.
- There are upgrades but they are costly and don’t always get the desired result 🙂 (warning – they may not be compatible with the old system)
- I will use a lot of resources and won’t always start when I should.Â There are NO menus )see number 3)